Vivianite Removal and Vivianite Prevention in Wastewater
Vivianite Remover and Vivianite Preventer
Struvite Removal offers the Struvite and Scale Remover STSR, as well as the Struvite Dispersant and Inhibitor STSP for vivianite wastewater treatment, remove vivianite scale, prevent vivianite scale from occurring again, and ultimately vivianite control, leaving the WWTP to operate as it should, scale-free.
Vivianite Removal and Vivianite Prevention Methods:
- Product recirculations & standstill soaks
- Low-pressure sprays
- Foaming application
- Vivianite can be prevented by dosing our products typically between 30-90ppm.
Other Methods of Vivianite Removal
Replacing Equipment, Grinding or Hydro-jetting:
- A lot of downtime
- Labor intensive (High costs!)
- If any vivianite remains, will grow and accumulate much faster
Using Hydrochloric Acid or other acids to remove vivianite scale:
- Highly corrosive
- Highly Hazardous
- Leads to damaged equipment
What is Vivianite?
Vivianite is a crystal formation that can form in wastewater treatment plants due to the addition of irons salts such as Ferric Chloride to control orthophosphate and H₂S. It tends to be a blue, green or purple color.
Vivianite Formation Issues
Vivianite, like struvite, can cause a lot of problems for WWTPs as it can develop in pipelines where it can cause:
- Reduction of the flow rates
- Shaking of equipment
- Heat transfer lost
- Clogged pumps and lines
- Require maintenance in other areas and equipment, etc.
- Vivianite tends to be harder to remove compared to Struvite due to its composition.
Where is Vivianite Precipitation an Issue?
Vivianite precipitation causes crystal formation issues in several areas of a wastewater treatment plant and other operations, including:
- Anaerobic digesters
- Places where there is high kinetic energy (high turbulence)
- Pipe connections – especially elbows
- Pumps are a prime location
- Aeration assembly
- Internal pumping components
- Plant overflow box of the anaerobic digester
- Wastewater Sludge transfer line
- Plant Centrifuges
- Rollers of the Belt Press
- Heat exchangers
Vivianite Wastewater Treatment Products:
- Environmentally Friendly
- Non-Corrosive to Steel and Unbroken Skin
- Safe to Handle
- Easy to use, with many applications
- Cost-Effective, saving you time, money and leaving your operation free of Vivianite
Product is available in:
- 15, 30 and 55-gallon drums
- 275 or 330 gallon totes
- 5-gallon containers and other sizes please contact us
Please refer to our other pages for more information:
Learn More About Vivianite Remover for Wastewater Systems
Our struvite wastewater removal products are safer for the environment and proven to be effective at removing scale buildup in a range of equipment. Request a quote today or contact us to discuss your struvite removal needs.
For free samples and consultation, contact us today to test on your struvite or vivianite scale.